Founded in 2005 by professional landscape photographer Phillip Bartlett, Capture New Zealand is the premier provider of photography workshops, tours and expeditions in New Zealand. When we began leading photography trips our vision was to provide photographers with exceptional, world-class programs. Today, we continue to provide original experiences which inspire photographers to refine their personal style and produce works with a higher level of originality, depth, and quality. The itineraries have evolved over the years as photographers became more adventurous and we led the way with new, innovative experiences such as photography from a helicopter with the doors off. On our workshops we explore iconic and hidden locations, where there is freedom to experiment with composition and technique while receiving generous one-to-one guidance to help realise your creative vision. Wherever you are on your photographic journey we work with you to become a more skilful and confident photographer.
Through many years of arranging and managing logistics we have established a solid network of dependable and hospitable partners. As a result, our itineraries are well organised and deliver a seamless, quality experience. We are also licenced by the New Zealand Department of Conservation to guide photographers in National Parks and Reserves, in accordance with government regulations.
When we reflect on the success we are blessed with, it is not how many programs we have run or how many years we have run them; we appreciate the many photographers who have become part of the Capture New Zealand family and continue to join us on other New Zealand, and international, journeys.
We welcome you to join us for your next photography adventure!
- Deliver Excellence: Every workshop is conducted with the goals of each photographer our foremost priority.
- Welcoming and Open Environment: Community mindset with an inclusive and friendly atmosphere.
- On-Point Mentoring: Relevant, practical and individual instruction for every level of photographic ability and experience.
- Integrity and Care: Each photographer treated as we ourselves like to be treated.
- Inspire and Challenge: Teaching photographers how to move beyond the predictable and cultivate creativity and experimentation.
- Fun: While we are dedicated to great photography, this is also a holiday so we always enjoy ourselves!
- Ongoing Development: We are always available to offer constructive feedback and advice to help you progress as a photographer.
Phillip Bartlett is a photographer, workshop instructor and expedition leader who is widely recognised as the pioneer of New Zealand multi-day, multi-region photo workshops. With over 20 years' experience, Phillip's in-depth knowledge of the New Zealand landscape have made very special hidden locations accessible for well-travelled photographers looking for unique perspectives. His skill as a photographer and ability to impart knowledge has led to partnerships with respected international photographers and photo workshop providers. Phillip is the only New Zealand photographer selected to be an instructor for USA-based Visionary Wild, who are regarded as one of the world's leading premium photography expeditions organisers.
In 2015, Phillip began leading photo expeditions in Indonesia, exploring some of the archipalego's most spectacular and wildlife-rich locations. His connection with this fascinating country spans 30 years, and his talented wife Engelina is a descendant of the Royal Kingdom in Central Java.
Phillip's own photography journey is currently exploring the lesser-known landscapes of New Zealand, and a concise portfolio of his works can be viewed at phillipbartlett.com.